Annual Compliance for Public Limited Company
After the public limited company registration is complete, your legal obligations as a business owner begin. These obligations come in a form of compliance that is needed to be taken care of. The compliances are forms that you have to fill and submit to the Registrar of Companies and they are needed to be done within the prescribed time. Failure to comply with these compliances can cause the public company owner to pay heavy penalties.
Falling under the Companies Act 2013, the annual compliance for a public limited company consists of the following:
- A maintenance and preparation of all the financial records that are needed to be submitted to the Registrar of Companies on an annual basis
- Filing the Annual returns in the MGT-7 form
- Income tax returns on the annual basis
- A secretarial Audit report in form MR-3
- The annual compliances that are under the rules and regulations associated with SEBI
- Annual General meeting report in form MGT-15
- Event Based Annual Compliances
- Adoption of Financials and Director’s report in the MGt-14 form.